Farm & Food Care launches Real Dirt on Farming photo contest
By Top Crop Manager
Farm & Food Care, a non-for-profit organization with a mandate to build public trust and confidence in food and farming is launching a nation-wide farm photo contest with $4,000 in cash prizes available for winners in six categories.
Winning photos may be used by the organization in the upcoming sixth edition of The Real Dirt on Farming, a publication that answers common questions about food and farming practices in Canada.
Photo contest categories include:
- Canadian Farm Scenes – Capture the beauty of Canada’s rural landscape;
- Faces Behind Food & Farming – From farmers to chefs and everyone in between – all the people who make food & farming possible doing what they love.
- All about Animals – Farm animals in the barn or field;
- Farm Innovation – Technology at work on Canadian farms;
- Crazy about Crops – Photos of crops being grown in fields, orchards or greenhouses across Canada;
- Farm to Plate – Showcasing the fresh, delicious and nutritious food grown and produced right here in Canada.
- $350 first prize in each category
- $200 second prize in each category
- $100 third prize in each category
* Non-winning entries used in The Real Dirt on Farming booklet will receive $50 per photo.
More information, including contest rules, eligibility, format, identification and judging are posted on the FFCO website at farmfoodcareon.org/photo-contest.
Photos must be entered before end of day (6 p.m. PDT, 9 p.m. EDT) July 1.
Print this page