FCC honours leaders in agriculture
Mar. 27, 2013, Regina, SK - Five Canadian women are the recipients of the 2013 Rosemary Davis Award. The award, sponsored by Farm Credit Canada (FCC), recognizes five outstanding Canadian women for their leadership and commitment to the Canadian agriculture and agri-food industry.
The 2013 winners are:
- Colleen Younie – farm management extension specialist, business advisor and community leader from Morell, Prince Edward Island
- Julia James – dairy farmer, opportunistic networker and youth in agriculture leader from Harley, Ontario
- Rhonda Driediger – berry producer, marketing specialist and agriculture industry leader from Langley, British Columbia
- Sylvie Cloutier – geneticist, professor and scientific leader from Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Pierrette Desrosiers – work psychologist, speaker and coach from Saint-Herménégilde, Quebec
The winners will attend the 2013 Simmons School of Management Leadership Conference in Boston, in April. The internationally renowned conference provides a forum where women can learn from others and be inspired to achieve personal and professional goals.
The Rosemary Davis Award was created in 2005 to honour the first female FCC board chair. Rosemary Davis was a successful agribusiness owner and operator with more than 30 years of experience in the agriculture industry. Educated as an agrologist, she continually demonstrated her leadership in agriculture through innovation, creativity and a passion for the success of the industry.
To date, over 200 women – ranging from their early 20s to their mid-80s, from a variety of agriculture and agribusiness sectors – have been nominated for this award. Thirty-five Rosemary Davis Awards have been presented to outstanding women and leaders in the agricultural industry since 2005. Judging criteria include demonstrated leadership, community involvement, and making a difference in agriculture by displaying passion for the industry and a clear vision for its future. Each winner has recorded impressive achievements and taken the time to share her knowledge with others. Biographies are available at www.fccrosemarydavisaward.ca.
March 27, 2013 By FCC news release