Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture to hold 4th annual youth speaking competition at Calgary Stampede
The Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture (AYSA) is hosting its fourth annual public speaking competition during the Calgary Stampede. Interested youth with a passion for agriculture have until June 30, 2019 to sign up for the competition and for a chance to win a cash prize.
The competition offers youth ages 11-24 an opportunity to share their views in a speech on a topic important to Albertan and Canadian agriculture.
The competition will be held on July 10 during the Calgary Stampede where youth will compete with five to seven minute speeches on topics important to the agricultural industry. Winners have the opportunity to win a cash prize of up to $1,000 and will be eligible to compete in the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture competition in Toronto.
The topics for the 2019 competition are:
- Food fraud: Do you know what you’re eating?
- Are GMOs the solution to food security?
- The benefits and challenges of adopting new technologies on the farm.
- How can aquaculture support the earth’s growing population?
- Canada first: Can Canadian agriculture survive in an age of increased protectionism and globalization?
- What does the next generation of agriculture bring to the table?
- Bust a common myth in Canadian agriculture.