Showcasing Local Agri-Food Innovators
These innovations were celebrated today at a ceremony in Guelph, honouring 11 regional winners of the Premier's Awards for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence - recognizing innovators who contribute to the success of Ontario's agri-food sector. Local recipients are:
- Carrick Wines & Ciders, Mildmay
- Conlee Farms Inc., Listowel
- Creemore 100 Mile Store, Creemore
- Delhome Farms, Milverton
- Full of Beans, Bornholm
- Hilton Soy Foods, Staffa
- Jones Feed Mills Limited, Linwood
- Nicholyn Farms, Phelpston
- Primeridge Pure, Markdale
- Simcoe County Cattlemen's Association, Shanty Bay
- Stemmler Meats and Cheese Inc., Heidelberg
A strong agri-food industry is part of the McGuinty government's plan to create jobs and opportunities that will grow the economy.
"I congratulate these local winners on their achievements. Their hard work and innovative ideas help make our agri-food sector and rural communities stronger."
- Liz Sandals, MPP for Guelph
- A total of 50 regional awards are being handed out across Ontario this summer. From these, five recipients will be chosen and awarded with a Premier's Award, a Minister's Awards and three Leaders in Innovation Awards at the Premier's Summit on Agri-Food in October.
- Since 2007, 285 awards under the Premier's Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence program have recognized innovations from producers, processors and agri-food organizations.
- Ontario's agri-food sector is one of the province's leading industries, contributing more than $33 billion to the economy every year.
August 29, 2012 By Ontario Government