John Deere Canada celebrates 100 years of 4-H with scholarships
By 4-H Canada
March 1, 2013, Ottawa, ON – The Canadian 4-H Council announced today that John Deere Canada is sponsoring a scholarship program for the 2013-2014 school year to mark its longstanding support of 4-H in Canada and to celebrate 4-H Canada's centennial anniversary.
John Deere Canada is matching funds with 11 John Deere dealers in seven provinces to award up to 12 $2,000 scholarships to 4-H members. To qualify for the program, applicants must be entering their first year of post-secondary education or currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program in the 2013-2014 school year, and must be a current member in good standing of 4-H Canada. Preference will be given to students majoring in agriculture, engineering, business or an agriculture technician program.
John Deere Canada dealers participating in the scholarship program include:
- Agro Equipment, Alberta (head office in Calgary)
- Deerland Equipment, Alberta (head office in Ft. Saskatchewan)
- Enns Brothers Ltd., Manitoba (head office in Winnipeg)
- Farm and Garden Centre, Saskatchewan (head office in Saskatoon)
- Green Diamond Equipment, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island (head office in Kentville, Nova Scotia)
- Greenland Equipment Ltd. Manitoba (head office in Carman)
- Greenvalley Equipment Inc., Manitoba (head office in Morden)
- Huron Tractor Ltd., Ontario (head office in Exeter)
- JayDee Ag Tech, Saskatchewan (head office in Swift Current)
- Martin Deerline, Alberta (head office in Edmonton)
- Premier Equipment Ltd. Ontario (head office in Elmira)
The John Deere Canada 4-H Scholarship Program is administered by the Canadian 4-H Council, which also will select the scholarship recipients. Scholarship applications and additional information can be found on the 4-H website at www.4-h-canada.ca. Applications will be accepted from March 1 to May 31, 2013, and up to 12 scholarships will be awarded, depending on dealer participation and number of qualified applicants.