CABEF announces winners of prestigious national agricultural scholarships
The Canadian Agri-Business Education Foundation (CABEF) announced the winners of their annual scholarships on June 18, 2018. Each student will receive $2,500 for post secondary agricultural education.
June 18, 2018 By Top Crop Manager
The 2018 winners are:
- Adriana Van Tryp, Burdett, Alta.
- Laura Carrauthers, Frenchman Butte, Sask.
- Pete Giesbrecht, Winkler, Man.
- Owen Ricker, Dunnville, Ont.
- Jeremy Chevalley, Moose Creek, Ont.
- Emilie Carrier, Princeville, Que.
- Justin Kampman, Abbotsford, B.C.
The scholarship winners were evaluated on a combination of leadership attributes, academic standing and their response to the essay question, “what do you consider to be the three main opportunities for the Canadian agriculture industry and which one inspires you the most?”
Each year, CABEF awards scholarships of $2,500 to Canadian students entering their first year at an accredited agriculture college or university. CABEF is a charity foundation encouraging students to pursue agriculture.