The Agricultural Water Management Advisory Boards will cover two areas, policy development and technical review. The policy advisory board will provide input and advice on agricultural water management policies into the future.
The board will be made up of members from the following organizations:
- Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities;
- Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan;
- Western Canadian Wheat Growers;
- Saskatchewan Conservation and Development Association;
- Saskatchewan Farm Stewardship Association; and
- Ducks Unlimited Canada.
The Water Security Agency is currently working with hundreds of landowners across the province on organized drainage projects totalling more than 160,000 acres. The Water Security Agency launched the Qualified Persons training program and held a training session with 40 participants, with additional training sessions planned for the future. These Qualified Persons will help guide producers through the permitting process.
WSA will be focusing on permitting the priority networks in the province and will expand the Agricultural Water Management Strategy across the province over time.