Top Crop Summit 2022 – Western Summit
February 23, 2022 at
Between the 2021 and 2022 growing seasons, BASF Canada Agricultural Solutions significantly expanded its portfolio with the launch of 10 new crop protection solutions, and the introduction of new InVigor® canola hybrids to its seed offering. This growth reinforces BASF’s commitment of investing in research and development to enhance existing solutions and bringing new tools to the market that help growers contend with the most pressing concerns on their fields and make the most out of every acre.
- InVigor® L343PC and InVigor® L356PC join the InVigor hybrid canola line-up, in time for InVigor’s 25th anniversary season in 2022. InVigor L343PC merges patented Pod Shatter Reduction and second-generation clubroot resistance, while InVigor L356PC delivers strong yield potential for growers targeting an extra bushel or two.
- Vercoras® is BASF’s new seed treatment for InVigor, delivering broad-spectrum protection against key seed and soil-borne diseases like blackleg, and frontline protection against flea beetles. It is available for purchase on InVigor hybrid canola for the 2022 growing season.
- Certitude® herbicide provides canola growers with a new option for weed control as the first group 27 for pre-seed use in canola. Available for the 2021 season, it offers industry-leading control of kochia and volunteer canola.
Cereals & Pulses:
- Smoulder™ herbicide offers wheat and barley growers residual control of volunteer canola, superior burndown of group 2, 4 and 9 resistant weeds and improved perennial and winter annual control for the upcoming 2022 growing season.
- Sphaerex® fungicide, available to Western Canadian cereal growers for the 2022 season, combines two leading active ingredients (AI), Sphaerex helps cereal growers manage Fusarium Head Blight (FHB) and leaf diseases for improved yield and quality.
- Voraxor® herbicide, available for 2022, contains the innovative new AI Tirexor® to help provide pre-seed burndown and residual control of broadleaf weeds in peas, lentils, corn, soybean, and more.
- Teraxxa® F4 became available to cereal growers in the 2021 season, using a new mode of action for eliminating wireworms with the unique AI Broflanilide
Corn, Soy & Potato / Horticulture:
- Veltyma®, a fungicide containing Revysol®, is available for 2022 and helps provides broader, stronger and longer control against leaf diseases in corn and protection against foliar diseases in potatoes.
- Merivon® fungicide receives registration in time for the 2021 growing season to help address key diseases, including black rot and bitter rot in apples, and diseases in a range of horticulture crops.
Professional & Specialty Solutions:
- Habitat® Aqua providing municipalities, associations and homeowners help with control over invasive species like phragmites that threaten natural habitats across the country.
- Xzemplar® fungicide received registration for the 2021 golf season to give superintendents a potent tool that combines the fast-stopping power of a contact fungicide with long-lasting preventative action to help control the critical turf pathogen, dollar spot.
BASF is committed to working hard to provide innovative solutions, whether it’s introducing a tool for combatting pests or diseases, a new InVigor® hybrid canola seed that offers significant yield potential, or a digital solution such as xarvio® FIELD MANAGER to help farmers produce their crops more efficiently and sustainably. We’re confident our evolving portfolio will help set growers up for success now and for years to come, ensuring a bright future for Canadian agriculture.
For more information, visit our website: www.basf.com/ca/en.html