Ontario Forage Masters Program accepting applications
By Top Crop Manager
March 25, 2014, Ontario – Applications are being accepted for the Ontario Forage Masters (OFM) from now until April 18. The program promotes excellence in the growing, harvesting and storage of forages by acknowledging outstanding producers who employ winning management practices, according to the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA).
• enter a field with a minimum of 10 acres of legume based mixture
• choose to enter either the hay or the haylage program, but not both
• provide, on the day of judging, a soil test report taken within the last three years on the entire field
• provide certified seed tag of recommended variety or know the variety planted in the field before being judged
• make available, on the day of judging, hay or haylage for sampling and scoring
Eligible participants include Ontario 4-H participants, a family member of a farm that is a member of OSCIA, previous first-place association winners and OSCIA members. All local associations must have a minimum of five and a maximum of 15 participants. Contact your local SCIA for a full entrance package or visit the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association website for more details.
Print this page