Business & Policy
Nominations open for Ontario’s Outstanding Young Farmer
Nominations are now open for the title of Ontario’s Outstanding Young Farmer. The Outstanding Young Farmers (OYF) Program is a unique program designed to recognize farmers and farm couples who exemplify excellence in their profession. Any organization or any person can nominate a young farmer or couple for the regional recognition award as long as the nominee meets the following program eligibility requirements:
• must be between the ages of 18 and 39,
• must be farm operators, and
• must derive a minimum of two-thirds of their income from farming.
Each region across the country holds an event where five or six nominees are judged on the following criteria:
• progress in agriculture career
• extent of soil, water and energy conservation practices
• crop and/or livestock production history
• management practices, and
• contribution to the well-being of the community, province and nation.
The Ontario Region OYF will be holding their next annual event in September 2017 in London, in conjunction with Canada's Outdoor Farm Show. The regional winners will represent Ontario at the annual national event where they compete to be named Canada's Outstanding Young Farmers.
Nominations for the 2017 award are now being accepted by Dianna Forth, regional co-ordinator via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information and nomination forms can be found on the website. Nominations close on January 15, 2017.
October 24, 2016 By Top Crop Manager