Nominations open for Ontario’s 2014 Outstanding Young Farmer
By Top Crop Manager
Nov. 25, 2013, Ontario – The Ontario Outstanding Young Farmers Program is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Ontario Outstanding Young Farmer.
Nominees may be individuals, partners or couples who derive a minimum of two-thirds of their gross revenue from farming and are under the age of 40 as of January 1 in the year of competition.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the OOYF website at www.oyfontario.ca and must be received by Dec. 15, 2013.
Demonstrating leadership in the agricultural industry, nominees are judged according to the following criteria:
• Progress made in their agriculture career
• Environmental and safety practices
• Crop and livestock production history
• Financial and management practices, and
• Contributions to the well-being of their community, province, nation.
The 2014 winner will be selected at the Ontario regional event being held March 24 to 26, 2014, in Guelph. They will then represent Ontario at the National Awards Program, to be held in Quebec City next November.
Print this page