Elected directors and regional representatives will provide strategic direction and leadership to the Commission on behalf of wheat producers in the province. Farmers are encouraged to nominate peers who would be adept at representing producers in their region, as well as working with AWC’s management team throughout the year.
“This past year alone, AWC has had direct impact on creating a new Canadian Prairie Red Spring variety – AAC Crossfield, lobbied for the adoption of Bill C-49 and became an administrator of the federal Advance Payments Program. I would highly encourage anyone interested in leading the wheat industry forward to put their name up for election,” Kevin Bender, AWC Chairman, said in a statement.
Elections, if needed, for the Region 3 positions will take place at the Region 3 Next Level Farming meeting at the Lacombe Memorial Centre on November 13th. Results will be announced the same day. Region 3 sits as a wide strip northeast of Banff National Park, includes Red Deer and spans until the end of the Alberta border. Further detail is provided in a map of all five regions.
Elections for the director-at-large position will be collected through a traveling ballot box system at all of following the AWC regional meeting locations:
- Tuesday, November 13th, Lacombe Memorial Centre – Region 3
- Wednesday, November 14th, Strathmore Civic Centre – Region 2
- Monday, November 19th, Rycroft Ag Centre – Region 5
- Wednesday, November 21, Westlock District and Community Hall – Region 5
- Thursday, November 22nd, Willingdon Recreation Centre – Region 4
- Wednesday, December 12th, Lethbridge Exhibition Centre – Region 1
Next Level Farming and AGM information can be found on AWC’s events page.