The HOBOnet will allow up to 50 wireless sensors in the field to stream data back to one central, cloud-based weather stations. Growers will be able to monitor large areas that were considered too costly or too impractical to monitor.
Hoskins Scientific provided a list of features for their new system, including:
- Powerful visualization in real time
- Protect crops from frost or dry soil; help minimize use of water, pesticides, and fungicides
- Stream data wirelessly over a wide area to a central, web-connected station
- Receive alarm notifications when conditions reach user-set thresholds
- View data and manage sensor networks on a dashboard or map