New field monitoring system from Hoskins Scientific
By Top Crop Manager
Hoskins Scientific introduces its HOBOnet Field Monitoring System, a tool that will allow growers to monitor field conditions from their desktop or mobile device.
The HOBOnet will allow up to 50 wireless sensors in the field to stream data back to one central, cloud-based weather stations. Growers will be able to monitor large areas that were considered too costly or too impractical to monitor.
Hoskins Scientific provided a list of features for their new system, including:
- Powerful visualization in real time
- Protect crops from frost or dry soil; help minimize use of water, pesticides, and fungicides
- Stream data wirelessly over a wide area to a central, web-connected station
- Receive alarm notifications when conditions reach user-set thresholds
- View data and manage sensor networks on a dashboard or map