How to whitelist an email address
October 16, 2008
By Top Crop Manager
By Top Crop Manager
Make sure TopCropManager.com emails land in the "in" box. Below are whitelisting tips for:
Add firstname.lastname@example.org, to your Safe Senders list:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail.
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add.
4. In the Add address, put email@example.com.
5. Click OK.
Add firstname.lastname@example.org, to your AOL address book:
1. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
2. Wait for the "Address Book" window to pop up, then click the Add button.
3. Wait for the "Address Card for New Contact" window to load.
4. Paste email@example.com into the "Other E-Mail" field.
5. Make our From address the "Primary E-Mail" address by checking the associated check box.
6. Click the Save button.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our newsletter into your inbox:
1. Open your mailbox and click on Mail Options (upper right hand corner).
2. Select Filters (bottom left corner).
3. Click the Add link on the Filters page.
4. Update the "From header:" rule with the following 2 pieces of information: "contains" and firstname.lastname@example.org. (This tells Yahoo to identify our newsletter based on its From address.
5. Click the Choose Folder pull down menu and select inbox.
6. Pick the Add Filter button.
Add email@example.com, to your Hotmail Safe List:
1. Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner).
2. Click the "Junk E-Mail Protection" link (top of page).
3. Select the "Safe List" link (2nd from bottom).
4. Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled "Type an address or domain".
5. Click the "Add" button next to the dialog box.
Add email@example.com, to your Gmail Contacts List:
1. Click Contacts along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Click Add Contact.
3. Copy and paste our From address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the primary email address dialog box.
4. Click Save.
How to check if our newsletter is in the "spam" folder:
1. Click Spam along the left side of any Gmail page.
2. Check mark the box next to our newsletter.
3. Click Not Spam button along the top.
Add email@example.com, to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to white list your address book.Thank you to www.MarketingSherpa.com for these tips.
1. Click the Address Book button.
2. Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
3. Click the New Card button. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
4. Under the Contact tab, copy and paste our "From" address, firstname.lastname@example.org into the Email dialog box.
5. Click OK.
White list your Personal Address Book:
1. From the main drop down menu, select "Tools > Junk Mail Controls..."
2. This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter.
3. Under the Settings tab, update the "White Lists" module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then check mark the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail".
4. Click OK.
Stories continue below
Print this page