Business & Policy
Growing Forward 2 launches in Saskatchewan
Apr. 12, 2013, Regina, SK - The Growing Forward 2 agricultural policy framework has launched in Saskatchewan.
The federal and provincial governments will invest $388 million in Saskatchewan for strategic initiatives over five years, an increase of more than $25 million per year over the previous Growing Forward framework. Programs were designed to offer flexibility to meet the needs of Saskatchewan farmers and agribusinesses. Following extensive consultation with producers, programming has been developed to provide:
- $170 million over five years in agriculture innovation, research and technology transfer;
- $65 million over five years in rural water infrastructure;
- $60 million over five years in environment, food safety, plant and animal health;
- $32 million over five years for value-added business development as well as trade and market development;
- $25 million over five years in farm business management; and
- $4 million over five years to support the industry in agriculture awareness initiatives.
Further program information and application details can be accessed by visiting www.agriculture.gov.sk.ca/growingforward2. For more information about Growing Forward 2, visit www.agr.gc.ca/GrowingForward2.
April 12, 2013 By Gov't of Saskatchewan