Great Lakes Agricultural Stewardship Initiative
By Top Crop Manager
February 25, 2015 - Reduce the risks to pollinator populations while planting with insecticide treated seed by installing dust deflectors on your pneumatic seeding equipment.
- First-come, first-serve funding
- 75 per cent cost-share, up to $3000, for installing dust deflectors on air seeding units
- Funding is available in the Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair and southeast shores of Lake Huron watersheds
- BMPs include: factory installed, aftermarket and customized dust deflectors designed on-farm (following these OMAFRA Guidelines)
- Dust deflectors purchased between April 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015 are eligible
For more information visit the OSCIA website, under “Great Lakes Agricultural Stewardship Initiative”.Submit your completed Application Form to OSCIA no later than March 31, 2015.
- Business hours: Amy Tenbult 226-706-8669
- After hours: Brad Carberry 226-979-2465
- Email: GLASI@ontariosoilcrop.org
Funding for GLASI is provided by Agricultural and Agri-Food Canada and the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs through Growing Forward 2, a comprehensive federal-provincial-territorial initiative. GLASI is delivered by the Ontario Soil and Crop Improvement Association (OSCIA).