2021 Premiere Pulse Virtual Series Session: Peas
February 02, 2021
SPG is proud to announce the Premiere Pulse Virtual Series occurring Tuesday mornings from February 2 to March 23, 2021. In this session, you will learn more about important topics concerning peas including diseases, fertility, weed management, and new varieties.
9:30 – 9:40 AM: Welcome & Market Development for Pulses
9:40 – 10:05 AM: Root and Foliar Diseases (Syama Chatterton, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Lethbridge)
- Reducing root rot risk (what to do if they have set in, will peas ever be grown again in northwest Saskatchewan?)
- Bacterial blights and foliar disease (what should you be watching for)
10:05 – 10:15 AM: New Pea Varieties (Tom Warkentin, Crop Development Centre)
10:15 – 10:40 AM: Fertility Management in Peas (Jeff Schoenau, University of Saskatchewan)
- Best fertility management for peas (macros and micros, starter versus none, mid-row band versus side-band)
10:40 – 11:05 AM: Weed Management in Peas (TBA)
- Realistic expectations with soil residual weed control products and best practices for optimizing efficiency
- Reducing seed load with specific problematic weeds and success of approaches (mowing seed destructors, etc.)
- Weed control success using longer-term rotations or under organic
11:05 – 11:30 AM: Agronomist Panel Discussion and Live Q&A
*CEU and CCSC credits available.
Click here to register for this session.
Visit event's website
Print this page