CYSA 2014 competition topics announced
By Top Crop Manager
Jan. 16, 2014, Toronto, ON - Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture is a national, bilingual competition that gives participants an opportunity to share their opinions, ideas and concerns about the Canadian agri-food industry in a five- to seven-minute prepared speech. The competition is open to youth ages 11 to 24 with a passion for agriculture whether raised on a farm, in the country or in the city.
This year, Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture public speaking competition topics for 2014 are:
- I am a Canadian farmer and this is my success story
- Why succession planning is crucial to the future of Canadian agriculture
- As stewards of the land can Canadian farmers do more?
- Why social media is an opportunity farmers cannot ignore
- Why I am choosing a career in agriculture
This year's competition will be held on Saturday Nov. 8, 2014, at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto, Ont. This year also marks the competition's 30th anniversary.
For more information about CYSA visit www.cysa-joca.ca.