Canada’s Top 10 weather stories from 2011
By Envionment Canada
Dec. 22, 2011 - From Manitoba floods to "snowmageddon," Environment Canada has released their list of the top 10 weather stories that affected Canadians in 2011.
Dec. 22, 2011 – From Manitoba floods to "snowmageddon," Environment
Canada has released their list of the top 10 weather stories that
affected Canadians in 2011.
According to Environment Canada, the Top Canadian Weather Stories for 2011 are:
- Historic Flood Fights in the West
- Slave Lake Burning
- Richelieu Flooding … Quebec’s Longest-lived Disaster
- Down on the Farm: Doom to Boom
- Tornado Goderich in a Wild Week of Weather
- Good Night, Irene…and, Katia, Maria and Ophelia
- Summer: Hummer or Bummer?
- Arctic Sea Ice near Record Low
- Groundhog Day Blizzard: Snowmageddon or Snowbigdeal?
- Wicked Winds from the West
All the stories are rated from
one to 10 based on factors that include the impact they had on Canada
and Canadians, the extent of the area affected, economic effects and
longevity as a top news story.